Profile bar missing for members - log out

I had to remove all my plugins awhile ago due to a conflict and turned s2member off temporarily while I fixed the issue. Now that I’ve restarted it, when a member signs in, they don’t have the black bar at the top of Wordpress to access their user profile or log out. Is that an option that I can turn back on? I’ve never seen this before.

Thank you.

Hi Mary,

s2 doesn’t remove the top bar, maybe another plugin you installed is doing it?

s2 has an option to allow/prevent users from editing their profile, though. WP Admin > s2Member > General Options > Member Profile Modifications

:slight_smile:

No, I haven’t added any new plugins. And I did check the various options. It’s only for members, not for me as an administrator. Have you ever seen this? I’ve disabled other plugins.

It could be the theme, too. Did you check there? What happens if you view the site with the default theme?

I’ve had so many issues just deactivating the plugins, I really can’t take the chance of changing the theme, even temporarily. It is only for members that sign in that this is happening, not myself as admin. I’m using the Avada theme and it’s only recently started this. I’ve had these memberships for over a year now.

would it be of any help for you to sign into my site and look at my settings?

Hi Mary,

Sure, I could take a look if you want. You can reply to the email exchange we had for this.

And I know what you mean about changing the production site. What you can do, is a duplicate of the site to test things out. Or a clean WP installation and then add the plugins one by one, and theme, to see which one introduces that change.

I sent a message, did you get the login? Thank you.

Hi Mary.

No, I haven’t. I just checked, and my email to you is the last one in the conversation. I also didn’t find new emails from you outside that conversation. And don’t find a private message here, either.

Did you test in a separate installation to try the plugins and find the one changing this?

Hi Cristian,

I’ve set up a website that only has Avada (theme) woocommerce and s2member. And it replates the issue I am seeing with two other sites that use these three elements. If I email you privately, can you take a look? I’ll give you both user login details. As an admin, I can see the logout/profile bar at the top, but as a s2member with level 1 (but the level doesn’t matter) it doesn’t show the logout/profile bar. It’s a basic site but your plugin likely doesn’t like woocommerce as I have this on a couple of other sites and they aren’t experiencing this issue.

Thank you.
Mary

Hi Mary.

Yes, you can reply to the last email.

But did you try WordPress by itself and logged in as a normal user, to see what the default is? Then, did you add only s2Member, and logged in with the test user to see if it changed? And then add the theme and test, and then another plugin and test.

Is the new website that you’ll send me the login for, already live or is it fine to test deactiving plugins/theme?

I got your email with the logins to the test install.

I did all the tests I asked you above to do. Like I said before, s2 is not causing this behavior. It’s not a plugin conflict either. It’s not the theme either. It’s WooCommerce the one removing the admin bar for users. This is true with or without s2 active too. No Woo, bar is there, Woo active, bar gone.

I google “woocommerce admin bar” and found this article: https://woocommerce.com/document/allowing-customer-access-to-wp-admin-and-enabling-the-admin-bar/

I hope that helps. If you have any questions, you should ask them in their forum, since they’re more familiar with their customizations.