Problems with s2member login field

Hello,

I am new to s2member (pro) and I am not really sure if theres just an easy option and I cant find it or if this would need deeper customization.
We have a site running where a protected area is in creation. At top of this area (wordpress page) we tell the user informations about what he can find here, give a preview and tell them they have to register. Afterwards I’ve integrated the login-field using the shortcode s2Member-Login/ .

first: Well the login field displays and works for existing users but if I click on ‘signup’ I get redirected to my /home/ site.

second: If I login using this s2member login-field I get redirected to users welcome page. I think I am able to fix that using this shortcode instead: [s2Member-Login login_redirect=“http://example.com/account/” /] .BUT: after the users login, the whole login field will disappear and that would make the site look bad. It would be great if theres a possibility to add an image or text instead of the empty ‘login-field-are’ so it doesn’t look ‘empty’ there (but not the users summary, I already found a shortcode for this).

third: Registration process:
Is it also possible to redirect users after registering to the page mentioned above? I think they won’t need to use their membership page at anytime or just if they search for it.

Thanks!!

Hi I can amswer a few of these questions
You can configure the login welcome page here
s2member/general options/login welcome page

I created a page and called it member login (you can call what ever you like) and added this short code to display the login
[s2Member-Login /]

Then in WP appearance/menus I added the page to the menu you could also just create a hyperlink with the page url
You can redirect on successfull registration using the pro pluggin payapal registration form but there should be a another way round it if you are using the free version
Paul M

Hello Paul,

first of all thanks for you answer.
I know where to configure the welcome page and I already did but the thing is I dont want users to see their welcome page. When they login they should just be redirected to the page where I provide them content. I am using PRO version but we will provide our customers free access and thats why I cant use the the paypal reg but there must be another way to get this managed?

Would be great if someone could help me with my three questions.
Thanks!

Why can’t you make your content page the Login Welcome Page?

As I mentioned in the first post we want to show some ‘normal’ content to guests which shall trigger them to register here. However I think the redirection is the smallest problem - at a pinch I will just redirect the login welcome page to the content page using htaccess if theres no possibility in s2member.

But there are still some unanswered questions from the first post :smile: :

• the signup button at the login field doesnt work! It redirects to /home/ on click…

• after the users login, the whole login field will disappear and that would make the site look bad. It would be great if theres a possibility to add an image or text instead of the empty ‘login-field-area’ so it doesn’t look ‘empty’ there (but not the users summary, I already found a shortcode for this).

I still don’t understand why you can’t use the Login Welcome Page as it is intended. You can customize this page in any way you please. Anything you can do on a “content page” you can do on the LWP.

You’ve already found the solution to the redirection on login.

The Pro Login Widget is meant to be a simple way to display a user login (if logged out) or a mini-profile (if logged in), if you want to display something else take a look at the source code. I personally would never put the login widget in the middle of a content area, but that’s a subjective choice.

@timahe: @JediShark and @KTS915 want to say, that you can use [s2If] at your “login welcome” page, so for any category/level of your users it can be completely different…

1 Like

Well ok I understand this now and I think I will use the welcome Page now.
__
The only thing left is still the problem with pro login widget redirecting to /home/ when I click on signup. Is there a way to fix this?

I’m not an expert on the Pro Login Widget, but I know that with the widget there is an option to set a redirect on login. Check any settings pages/documentation for the widget to see if there’s documentation on how to do this with a shortcode.