Problem with new upgrade

My website at was fine on Wednesday, I was unplugged due to Christmas yesterday. I woke up this morning to a fatal error on my site that had taken it down. I sent a support ticket to my server team and they sent me this information:

The reported issue is caused by a missing autoload file used by the plugin s2Member:


Which you can verify from the following error message:

[26-Dec-2020 13:01:00 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/exercom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_static.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/exercom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 31

The error log of your WordPress shows that this error occurred for the first time on December 25 at 23:19 GMT but the autoload file had not exited on this server prior to this date so it appears that a change in the code or configuration of the plugin had caused this issue. I deactivated the plugin and now your website is functional:

I also received this notification email from the site:

WordPress site:
The following plugins were successfully updated:

  • SUCCESS: s2Member Framework


s2Member Framework

Updating plugin: s2Member Framework
Downloading update from
Unpacking the update…
Installing the latest version…
Enabling Maintenance mode…
Removing the old version of the plugin…
Disabling Maintenance mode…
Plugin updated successfully

As I have an active membership site, I asked them to restore the site to Tuesday.

Your feedback would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi Linda.

It was a glitch I had while uploading the new release to the WordPress repository, and although it only lasted a few minutes, I was afraid that someone would have downloaded it. It seems your site auto-updated it in those first few minutes it was up… I’m really sorry you got that difficulty.

The upload was incomplete and missed that file, for some reason I don’t understand yet. After the upload, I did a test update and noticed that error message, so found the missing file and fixed the release. It’s complete and working now, I tested.

If you update the plugin now, you would not get that error again.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need more help.


1 Like

Hi! I tried using wordpress to update it, but it didn’t work on my install as well. I will update it via FTP instead.

Hi Sim.

Your issue is a different one, seems to be a permissions one, according to the message there… But yeah, you can do it via FTP. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, sorry. I thought it was related :slight_smile:

1 Like