Pro-rated membership by month + added printed material fro extra charge

website link to page

I’m trying to set up yearly membership levels that are pro-rated by month and then charge the yearly fee on a set date lets say oct 1st I’ve tried numerous angles and gotten nowhere, very frustrating.

Is there a way to make this work? to have a member join in june and pay $40 then get a recurring charge of $120 on Oct 1st?

Likewise if someone joined in august they would pay $20 for the remaining membership cycle before it renewed on oct 1st for $120

are paypal forms better for this or can it be achieved with buttons?? I gave a shortcode below that is throwing up errors??

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“Student Membership prorated @ $’ . $prorated_payment . ', then $120/year” ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“USD” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“www.nyphotographyshow.com” ta="" . $prorated_payment . date_default_timezone_set(‘America/New_York’); $months_left = $months_in_year - date(‘m’); $prorated_payment = number_format(120 /12 * $months_left, 4); echo do_shortcode(’’“tp=”" . $months_left . tt=“D” ra=“120” rp=“1” rt=“M” rr=“1” rrt="" rra=“2” accept=“paypal” accept_via_paypal=“paypal” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code="" captcha=“0” /]

The second part of my question is it possible to have a paid upgrade to a membership? for instance we ship our books to our members if they pay an additional $50 on top of the member price

any member can choose to do this so if a student wants the books it would be a $50 membership stand alone or an additional $50 for the printed material

any help is appreciated

+$50: There is two ways - to set a second level with same access rights, or to create a ccap for books.

In the shortcode you mess a HTTP with PHP code, thus it don’t works. Separate them, do PHP calculations first, then do replacing of the need values in the shortcode, and the “finished” shortcode run by “do_shortcodes” function.

Also already exists a plugin to handle pro-rates.