Pro API For Remote Operations is creating users with out a valid email

i am using the complete un modified code from s2Member (Pro) >> API / Scripting >> Pro API For Remote Operations >> Remote Operation: create_user
i modified 1 line and sent user_email empty. the api creates a new user with no email,
other checks seem to work, Sorry, that username already exists!, Sorry, that email already exists!
i have also tried changing the modify_if_login_exists from 1 to 0.

$op['data'] = array(
    'user_login' => 'johndoe22', // Required. A unique Username. Lowercase alphanumerics/underscores.
    'user_email' => '', // Required. A valid/unique Email Address for the new User.
    'modify_if_login_exists' => '0', // i have also tried '1'

also should the api test for a properly formatted email?
'user_email' => 'johndoe22examplecom'
will also create a new user but the email is blank in users.

i am assuming s2member should validate but something is blocking the script from validating, this is a clean install of WordPress 4.7.3, the only plugin is S2member Framework Version 170221 + s2Member Pro v170221 nothing in the .htaccess other than default WordPress settings.

anyone else experience this or have any input on where to look?

Sean

No insight here, but I did create a GitHub issue to ensure that the developers see this. You can subscribe to that issue to be notified of responses.

i added this to github but i need some direction, I added some code to require the email address and verify it is formatted correctly with mailgun, that is working fine. what I need help with is… when the email is submitted, I get a success message. the problem is if this is a new API registration and the email address is in use, the email field in the database is blank. if there is an existing user and the updated email is already in use, the existing email is left unchanged.

what I need to have happen is the API to return an error and stop the insert/update IF the email is already in use.

where would be the best place to start in s2member code to insert this check?

Thanks

Sean