Private Club Registration and rejection

I recently began a private club and was looking to manage my membership using this service. I have worked through most of the set up and seem to be at an fork in the road. I need to restrict access require a potential member to apply and provide payment credentials but have it manually approved by admin. We do not accept all applicants and have age restrictions that we would like to enforce. I have set up the specific levels but just realized it looks like you have to pay first before filling out the registration form. Can I require registration and payment credentials then manually execute the transaction when I have approved it? Are there any loop holes or work around that have been used?

No chance, unless you want legal disputes with your payment processor and the credit card companies.

Have someone join for free, either by using the regular WP registration form or a Pro free form. That will make them a subscriber at level 0. But protect all your content at level 2 or above (with one exception, explained below).

Then you can “approve” an applicant by promoting them to level 1. If you then enclose a level 2 subscription form within conditional tags so as to make it visible only to level 1 users, they will then be able to pay for level 2 access.

Great thanks that is a good alternative. Thank you.