Prevent Duplicate Form Sub w/Pro Forms?

Is there an easy way to prevent the user from making duplicate subscription form submissions with Authorize.Net Pro-Forms? Nothing jumps out to me from the form variable options.

Try to use [s2If current_user_is_not(“the level what the form subscribes for”)] around the Pro-form tag, this way you show the form only if current user is not subscribed already.

Thanks, that’s a good suggestion - alternate case I also have though - user is current subscriber, and wants to use the pro-form to prepay and append time to their subscription - I’d also want to stop dupe form submissions in that case as well.

Then you should use a Billing Modification Form.

What? According to their doc, that’s for modifying the billing plan - which we are not doing, according to the docs, using the regular pro form while the account is active will append the current account - they even have a setting for this in the admin:

AuthNet Options > Automatic EOT Behavior > Fixed-Term Extensions

If this is no longer true or some other method has to be implemented, someone from S2Member needs to let me know ASAP.

Surely modifying the billing plan is precisely what you’re doing.

If it isn’t, you’ll have to explain much more clearly precisely what you are trying to achieve. Otherwise we’ll all just be guessing.

Hmm, I don’t want to modify the sub.

Existing sub for 1 year.
EOT coming soon, customer wants to extend an additional year before EOT.
Customer uses standard AuthNet pro-sub form (same one they signed up with) - submits, appends year to current sub.There is a setting to control this exact scenario in the admin, as noted above.

If this is the wrong way to do it, I’m happy to be show the right way to enact the above scenario - note that the method above worked when I tested it.

I think you’ve misunderstood that Fixed-Term Extensions setting. That will do precisely what you want if, as I said, you use a Billing Modification Form.

And, yes, you DO want to modify a subscription: you are adding more time to it. That’s clearly a modification.

If you use a regular form, it will just overwrite or duplicate a current subscription.

The billing mod docs say they are for changing one level sub to another level, which is not what I want.

Ok, I will test with a mod form tomorrow - thanks for your replies and patience.