Portfolio Category Restriction

Hi there!

I have to protect 200+ Portfolio-items. The only way to do this I found is opening each an manually change the Post Level Restriction.

In s2members options I found the “Category Level Access Restrictions”, but this seems only to work for normal posts, not portfolios…

Is there another way to bulk-change portfolio-restrictions?

Best regards
Andi

Hi Andreas.

Is the Portfolio you’re talking about, a custom post type? If so, you could enter in the Posts Restriction: all-portfolio (assuming that’s the right name of the post type).

Screenshot_2019-11-29%20s2Member%20Restriction%20Options%20%E2%80%B9%20s2Member%20Membership%20Plugin%20for%20WordPress%20%E2%80%94%20WordPress

If there’s something common and unique to the URLs of the portfolio posts, you could use the Alternative Views restriction.

Or you can look for a plugin that lets you categorize or add tags to custom post types, and try those restrictions then.

Does that help? :slight_smile:

Hm, I am using Xtheme Pro from Themeco, I am not completly sure, but I think, portfolio there a custom posts.
But neither “all-portfolio”, “all-portfolios” nor “all-galerie” or “all-galeries” (“galerie” is my custom url slug) does the job.

In the Alternative Views restriction everything is checked, but my portfolios are still accessable…

Sorry, I meant to say URI restriction, not Alt Views… My bad…

If your custom slug for gallery posts is “gallery”, try that in the URI restriction.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Jippie!! URI Restriction did it!
Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

1 Like