Paypal setup question

It seems like Paypal is changing things around often. I am trying to set up a new website, and I cannot find the API credentials.

In Paypal, i went to Tools > All tools > Integrate Paypal > API Credentials
but from there, I am lost. Can someone point me in the right direction?

It must be simple, but Paypal never makes anything simple!

Thanks

Hi Carole.

In the new interface, I find them under: Account Settings > Website Payments > API Access > NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic)

https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/mytools/apiaccess/firstparty

Thanks. Next update, get someone (not a developer) to update those details in the plugin to try to keep up with Paypal! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi.

Can someone please go through your PRO plugin and update the instructions for integrating PayPal Business? The instructions that are there now (as of February 2021) seem very old and incorrect in many places. None of the PayPal account payment information is where your instructions tell us to find it, etc. I’m not sure if I need to generate API keys or enter logins, or IPN URLs or what as your instructions ask for everything.

Along those lines, you need a clearer system of Documentation too. It seems like there is a great deal of old content that is spread across disparate “help forum” systems that is hard to access and actually find answers in. Supplying actual documentation would be much more useful than sending your paying customers to generic help-forums to try to dig up answers by themselves.

I am trying to get our PP Business account hooked up to the PayPal Options so I can use the PayPal Pro-Forms for user registration for events.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Efishinsea.

You’re right, the documentation needs updating. It’s something I’m working on, together with the admin area in general.

In the meantime, here’s what you need to integrate with PayPal… WP Admin > s2Member > PayPal Options

PayPal Acount Details

Fill these fields (I linked to the PayPal pages where you find those details)

PayPal IPN (Instant Payment Notifications)

Screenshot_2021-02-17%20s2Member%20PayPal%20Options%20%E2%80%B9%20s2Member%20Tests%20Install%20%E2%80%94%20WordPress1

PayPal PDT/Auto-Return

Screenshot_2021-02-17%20s2Member%20PayPal%20Options%20%E2%80%B9%20s2Member%20Tests%20Install%20%E2%80%94%20WordPress2

I hope that makes it simpler for you.

I also had a quick video for it, but the interface over at PayPal changed, and although the names of things are still the same, it may take browsing a couple PayPal settings pages to find them. I still recommend watching it:

• If you’re not using PayPal Pro PayFlow Edition, you’d leave the PayFlow Credentials panel alone.

I really hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions, it’ll help me improve what I write in the instructions for it.

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile: