Paypal Recurring Taxes

I have an issue with PayPal recurring payment, for the first payment it include the taxes on the total amount but for the recurring payment it doesn’t, but it show on the payment details. it show the sub total amount and the taxes amount correctly but the total is equal to the sub total without the taxes. This only happen for the recurring payment.

I was thinking on sending the total with taxes include but I could not set the taxes to 0, does anyone knows whey can I set the taxes to 0? I already update the “ra” field with the total + taxes but PayPal still add the taxes again.

I am having the same problem described by the original poster. I need to charge a VAT to customers in Canada. I have the pro version of S2Member. I have configured the Tax Rate Calculations in the PayPal Options. I have PayPal PayFlow (or whatever the upgraded version of PayPal is that costs me $39.95 per month). My Custom Tax Configuration File looks like this:

CA=5%
New Brunswick/CA=15%
Newfoundland and Labrador/CA=15%
Labrador/CA=15%
Newfoundland/CA=15%
Nova Scotia/CA=15%
Ontario/CA=13%
Prince Edward Island/CA=15%
PEI/CA=15%

S2Member correctly charges the tax on the initial payment, but does not add the tax to subsequent payments. Instead it includes the tax in the regular amount. That is, I charge $37 for my membership. The first payment is $37 plus tax for a Canadian. Subsequent payments are $37 including tax. Is this a bug or do I have something configured wrong? Here is the code from my sign-up form:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“6” ccaps=“bstcsi,coach” ps=“paypal” lc="" dg=“0” ns=“1” ta=“37” tp=“1” tt=“M” rr=“1” rrt="" rra=“2” accept=“paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo” accept_via_paypal=“paypal” coupon="" accept_coupons=“1” default_country_code="" captcha=“0” custom=“childsleepinstitute.com|Child Sleep Institute|Sleep Coach Membership Program|1 Month|$37” rp=“1” rt=“M” ra=“37.00”][s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form desc="$37/month USD Sleep Coach Membership Program" cc=“USD”/][s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form desc="$37/month CAD (plus HST) Sleep Coach Membership Program" cc=“CAD”/][/s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]

Thanks for any assistance.

Richard

Thanks for reporting this.

Since I took over the plugin, I haven’t worked with the taxes part of it. My common sense says that if a tax applies, it should apply to regular payments too. I don’t know if you’re experiencing a bug or an oversight when implementing the feature… I will have to inspect the code and do some tests.

:slight_smile:

I tested this and the tax rate does get applied to the regular payments. Do your regular payments not get the tax added to the total as they should in your PayPal subscription? So if you sell a $1 subscription with a 10% tax, does paypal charge $1.10 or only $1?

What doesn’t get updated is the description, but this is by design. So you’d need to word it in a way that makes sense (not mention the amount there, for example). I’m making a note to see how to improve this in the future, though.

:slight_smile: