PayPal recurring payments in s2member free version?

Hello,

Can I set up recurring payments in my s2member free version?

I have set up Buy Now buttons and they seem to work fin: People are automatically registered.

Now I have set up recurring payments allowing people to pay by monthly or yearly and what I find out is that while they are correctly charged, and I receive PayPal notification of payment received and of pre-authorized payment, people are no longer automatically registered. I have to manually add them as new users.

Also, I cannot yet assure that they are going to be billed next month .

Is the free version capable of offering recurring payments at all?

Please help

Thank you in advance

Liliana

Yes, the free version supports recurring payments IF your PayPal account supports recurring payments. What concerns me is that you say people aren’t being registered. Do you s2Member logs show anything about the recurring registrations?

Thanks! Which Paypal Accounts support Subscriptions? Is Business Account enough?

Yes. I have a business account without pro payments on PayPal and it works fine. You can also contact PayPal to enable micro payments (or micro transactions, I don’t remember the name but they only do that if you message them, there’s no option to enable it anywhere) in your account if your subscriptions / products tend to be cheaper than 10 dollars (per order), if you want to lower your fees a bit.

1 Like