PayPal Pro & Payflow Email Notifications And Updating Users Access after Refunds

After switching to PayPal Pro and the manager.paypal.com if I send a refund, it isn’t taking the person’s access away. Doesn’t work if I do it on the manager.paypal side or the paypal.com side. Here’s my Automatic EOT Behavior:

Spoke to PayPal, I have recurring billing on manager.paypal.com, I have done a test payment and it has created a profile and it seems to have worked in setting up an account. My question is how does the cancellation process work? I deactivated the recurring profile then refunded the payment on manager.paypal.com and it took hours to finally give a cancellation notice but there’s an EOT time in the future. It did not deactivate the person’s membership access. Not only that, but the user never received any sort of email regarding any of this.

Note: In this instance I was testing it so using my own test account. No there isn’t anything in the spam folder.

Did you update all of the s2Member PayPal Options when you switched over to PayPal Pro? (WP Dashboard → s2Member (Pro) → PayPal Options). You especially need to double-check the PayPal IPN Integration. If you’ve done that, I’d suggest you enable logging (WP Dashboard → s2Member (Pro) → Log Files (Debug) → Logging Configuration) and do a couple more test transactions.

Then check the logs for any indications of communications issues with PayPal. If you need help interpreting the logs, please submit a ticket on our Support Page and attach the logs to the ticket. (Never post your logs to a public forum. :wink: )

If I have recurring profiles and members on paypal.com (I have quite a lot) but I want a checkout page on my own page, not express checkout, is me switching some settings going to break the other ones? It sounds like probably yes. Options here?