PayPal Pro onsite payment details suddenly appeared

Hi,

I am using PayPal pro forms with a standard PayPal account. In the short code I specify

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“1” ccaps=“2018” desc=“Retired - No access to Palynology 1 Year: $15.00” ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“USD” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“palynology.org” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“15.00” rp="" rt=“D” rr=“BN” rrt="" rra=“2” accept=“paypal” accept_via_paypal=“paypal” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code="" captcha=“0” /]

I have changed nothing recently yet now the form is asking for payment information on the website rather than going through to PayPal as usual.

See link https://palynology.org/retired-no-access-to-palynology-1-year-15-00/

Another ‘symptom’ is that the billing modification forms are not excluding current member information. All fields are active.

What is going on? A Wordpress 5 issue?

Thanks,

Gareth

Just wondering if you’ve had any luck solving the issue? I’m using the Paypal Pro forms on my site and I’m hesitating to upgrade to WordPress 5 because I won’t know what to do if S2Member Pro stops working after the upgrade.

Hi Cralamarre,

No, no luck I’m afraid. Tried deactivating all other plugins to see if it was a conflict. That’s all I could think of because I haven’t made any other changes. Hoping someone here can help.

Did the problem start happening immediately after upgrading to WordPress 5? Strange that others are reporting no issues after upgrading, unless none of them are using the Pro forms.

Are you using the Classic Editor plugin?

No sure if it happened immediately after the move to wordpress 5. I have tried installing the classic editor and also tried a ‘disable gutenberg’ plugin but neither helped.

I just took a look at your page, and the console says there seems to be a problem with one of the theme’s JS files. Maybe that’s causing the s2 pro-form to act weird.

Could you try changing to the default theme for a quick test and see if the problem goes away? If not, you could try the other troubleshooting steps. https://s2member.com/kb-article/common-troubleshooting-tips/

I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Hi,
I use PayPal and Stripe Pro Forms and I haven’t any problem since the update to Wordpress 5.
Your problem must have another reason, as Cristian tell you!
Thanks.

I was thinking that the problem has something to do with JS. Hopefully that’s what it turns out to be, and that it’s an easy fix.

Cristian, do you know if there is any reason to believe that s2member (and s2member pro) will stop working in the near future, if no further development on it is done?

Even if completely neglected, I don’t believe it’d just stop working.

Next major version of WordPress seems to be fine with s2Member, from reports I’ve seen so far. 3rd party plugins are always a possible source of conflict, have always been, but that’s up to each site owner that is combining them.

The one thing that most likely could present a problem out of the blue, is the payments if PayPal/Stripe changed something that needs updating on s2Member’s side for the integration to keep working.

Having said that, s2Member will continue to be developed. There are people that care a lot for it, me included. :slight_smile:

Thanks Cristian, that’s great to hear. I’ve been using s2member Pro on my site for several years and it does everything I need. I’d hate to think I have to abandon it for something else.

Does PayPal update their API (or whatever it is) very often? I don’t think I’ve seen an update to s2member in quite some time and everything is still working.

Hello Cristian,

Well done sir. It as a theme issue. I am using X theme. Switching to the 2019 theme fixed it. Now I just need to work out how to fix the JS files in X theme.

Great! I hope it’ll be easy to fix. I’m sure the theme developer will be happy to assist you with it. :smiley: