Paypal Pro Forms WITHOUT Paypal Pro / Payflow Account

I’ve been testing with Paypal Pro forms and they work perfectly, and the paypal account is a standard business account.

Now the on site CREDIT CARD options DON’T work and return an error. I expect that.

So my question is is OK to use Paypal Pro Forms (and removing the credit card options)? I would much rather use those forms than the paypal button because it adds a couple of features (such as last payment, next payment, and easy cancel without going to paypal.) As I said, that part all seems to work perfectly. Is there anything I’m missing about this?

(one downside is that you don’t see the price on the paypal page when going to pay for some reason)

Thank you

Hi Vincent

So my question is is OK to use Paypal Pro Forms (and removing the credit card options)?

In the pro-form shortcode, did you try the accept attribute with just paypal? accept="paypal"

:slight_smile:

Yes. We do not have a Paypal Pro or Payflow account. I just use accept paypal and removed the rest. All of the functionality appears to be there, with the added bonus of easy on site cancellation.

So I’m just asking if it’s ok, or that i might have missed something, because it seems like this is a better option than the paypal buttons as I don’t see any advantage with them. (other than the fact pricing isn’t shown on the paypal website upon payment)

I think i found the answer.

Thank you

1 Like