PayPal Pro Forms Appear Broken

I’m not sure what I did, but somehow the PayPal Form appears broken. It’s difficult to describe, so I attached this picture…

I’m not sure what’s causing this error. I’m not a computer programer; I hate CSS, PHP, JS, etc basically because it’s a bit beyond me.

I tried disabling a bunch of plugins, but that didn’t work. I tried reinstalling s2member pro but that didn’t take care of the problem. Then I tried reinstalling WP, but somehow managed to break my host’s MySQL server in the process.

It’s a good thing I backed up all my data because I’m trying to move this site to a different host.

I just want to know what would cause something that was working perfectly one second to go bad the next.

Thanks!

That looks very much like a javascript problem. You say you’ve tried disabling “a bunch” of plugins. But you need to turn all of them off, apart from s2Member. If that solves the problem, then turn them back on one by one and test to find the culprit.

If deactivating all the other plugins doesn’t fix it, try changing to the 2017 theme.

Yep, I tried all of that. And I’m still having this problem.

I turned on the JavaScript Console and I keep getting this error message:

“Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)”

That 404 error message is for “s2member-o.php”

Problem solved!

The issue was with an htaccess file sitting inside the wp-content folder. It was created by WP Defender to block the execution of PHP files. The PayPal Pro form was, for lack of a better word, trying to execute s2member-o.php but couldn’t do so because it was being blocked by that pesky little htaccess file.

Be careful with security plugins. Even if you deactivate them, whatever changes they make to actual folders and files usually stick.

I call them “so-called” security plugins because most of them don’t even increase security anyway.

I’m facing same issue at the moment, I have tried changing file permissions, disabled Wordfence(Security Plugin) but still doesn’t help

@krisj, if you are looking for help, start your own thread, and describe in detail what the problem is and what you have done.