PayPal Payments Pro and Recurring Memberships

Hopefully this is an easy answer.

I have s2member Pro and PayPal Payment Pro.

I want all my recurring memberships to be processed my PayPal Payment Pro but they are still being sent to PayPal Standard (business.)

I am not able to setup an Upgrade button to change the monthly price of a member account from $37 / mo to $297/yr.

PayPal displays an error the you can not change the payment amount more than 20%.

I will NOT use the PayPal Pro forms, they are too confusing for my members because the for appears to be setting up a new account which does not work for my members.

I want to use the PayPal button to modify a subscribers account, One click, visit PayPal and authorize.

How can i get PayPal Payments Pro to process all my recurring memberships so that t I can remove this 20% error limit?

Thank You

Richard

Are you using the right forms? You need to use Billing Modification Forms.

Hi Tim

Thank you for the email.

Correct I’m using the Billing Modification Form and it is on a Protected Page, but quite frankly its too long, confusion and looks bad. Completely unusable in fact. I “could” style it with CSS but it WAY to convoluted to upgrade a member account.

Heres a screen shot

SO I want to use the Upgrade Button that works perfectly but has the 20% issue.

I want the buy buttons to add recurring memberships in PayPal Payment Pro NOT PayPal Standard (business) AND I want to upgrade with a button NOT a ridiculous long form.

Thoughts?

I am almost 100% sure that the button does not have the 20% issue – the issue comes from your PayPal account. Do you still have the PayPal Options set to your standard PayPal account?

First, I’d follow @JediShark’s guidance. Then I’d follow this guide, and the one to which it links, to customize the form: https://s2member.com/kb-article/can-i-customize-pro-forms/