PayPal - How to set Payment Failures Threshold?

Hi! At least until you can fix the problem where s2Member does not demote users when their payment fails (and restores them when payment is successful on later tries), how can we, at least, setup our buttons so the payment failure threshold is set to zero, forcing the subscription to be cancelled right away when a payment is declined?

I found this information on PayPal’s website, but I don’t know how to change that setting on s2Member buttons:
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/platforms/subscriptions/add-capabilities/payment-failure-retry/#:~:text=If%20a%20subscription%20payment%20fails,next%20billing%20cycle%20is%20reached.

At least 95% of subscribers with a payment decline never pay again even after trying to collect from them multiple times, once or twice a week, even for months, so it’s not worth spending time trying to recover those users and I just want them to be demoted right away. No money, no access. Many of them subscribe again right after losing access, then they default again. If the system doesn’t demote them, they keep using the content for free until they’re demoted again.

It’s not the ideal solution, since I’d rather have PayPal keep trying to collect every 5 days indefinitely from those users (but with them having NO access to the content until they pay again), which would also mean it would be nice to be able to change that variable to a higher limit, since the default seems to be one single try after 5 days only, then the subscription is suspended (not cancelled). Thankfully Stripe allows me to change those things using their web interface, but it’s not the case with PayPal.

Would adding payment_failure_threshold=“0” to the shortcode work? I tested it out but since the button is encrypted I can’t see if it is sending the information to PayPal by using Chrome Dev Tools Inspect.

I am thankful for being able to use this plugin to monetize my site :orange_heart:, and I really wish that these issues are fixed at some point not too far away in the future, so we don’t have to spend time managing delinquent users manually. It frustrates me that I don’t have enough knowledge to implement those fixes myself, otherwise I would have posted solutions here a long time ago to help others that might be having the same problems and are also clueless about PHP as I am :worried:.