PayPal buttons only make free accounts after site migration

Anyone have any idea what I should check after moving my Wordpress to a new account that the PayPal buttons work for taking the money and making accounts, but the accounts created do not get upgraded to Bronze Member but are left at Free Member? The plugin files were copied as well as the entire database with all plugin tables.

I also checked the IPN URL and it works as it comes back with the line saying “This PayPal IPN Handler by s2Member® is active & listening.”

On the other hand, PayPal did send an email today saying “PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning” about the URL failing. Does this indicate perhaps one of the PayPal authentication keys are garbled and I should reenter all the PayPal options from my page again?

Or reinstall the plugin completely?

OK this is resolved by my host. Turns out they had issues with their new WordPress only NGINX platform with Varnish. They went to work and all is well.

That makes sense. Varnish is incompatible with s2Member.

Well I’m glad the technical crew at my host did not know this or they would not have let me move over to this WP optimized platform that was less expensive and more powerful for what I’m doing.

So they were stuck with making it work which they did now. I’m still hoping for details on what they did exactly. But they seem to have discovered the “tweaks” referred to by the developers to work with Varnish. https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/admin-jscss-not-loading/#post-46685

Good luck with “tweaks”. Unless they mean a bypass, get ready for future issues.

OK, tell me what you know?

Threads?

I did a quick search earlier and found no official word like what you delivered that they are not compatible. I read that it requires tweaks.

What’s your experience?

What is a quick search? That thread is three years old.

If you Google “s2Member and Varnish”, you will find plenty of instances of problems, including on this forum.

So I would ask your devs what precisely they have done, and then report it back here.