Payflow links doesnt seems to link to Payflow anymore

I am setting up Payflow. The link in the plugin page for Payflow is this:

But the page it links to doesn’t mention Payflow. It looks like the standard credentials page. For example, there is nothing mentioning “partner”.

Wierdly, I already have the credentials added to S2member so I must have been able to find them a few weeks ago but I can’t find the page on Paypal now and I need those details to login to their merchant section to enable Reference Transactions. Being the weekend I can’t contact that part of Paypal over the phone but I really need this resolved as I paid for ads and I didn’t know I would need to enable anything else.

With the new and terrible Paypal layout it is frustrating to use their site but when trying to work it out it would also help if your instructions were a bit clearer. For example. “PayPal Pro w/ Payflow Edition”. What does w/ mean? “Without”, maybe?

Maybe that’s a product name for all I know but some the language and subjective terms like “if you have a newer Paypal account” is adding to the frustration. I code PHP so it shouldn’t be as hard for me as this is.

I love S2member, though. Been with you guys for years but only just been getting back into online marking again. Thanks for any help.

PS: As an aside, I am dysgraphic. Writing is physically painful for me. I have to use Grammarly. Which doesn’t seem supported in this form I am writing this in. Not seen that before and been using it Grammarly for months. Just a heads up on that. If I had known I would have written this in their app first.

Sorry forgot the link: https://www.s2member.com/r/paypal-profile-api-access/

Also, and not moaning, this is wrong now. “At PayPal, see: Profile → API Access (or → Request API Credentials) → Payflow API Access”. There is another step and that would only take you to another page again anyway. It looks like the one I mean above but is a different design.
https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/mytools/apiaccess

Which again mentions API credentials but not the Payflow details. Also, it mentions Braintree and I have no idea how that fits into the scheme of things.

Just going around in circles with dozens of tabs open. I don’t blame you but clearer instructions in the plugin to the recent Paypal updates would go a long way.

Excuse me whilst I go and bang my head on a wall. =)

Also, I am reading the page below. It has a broken 404 link so hard to understand.

It says Payflow is for Payments Pro? I am not paying for their pro account so I guess I don’t have it?

Should I just delete my Payflow details in S2Member? What would I not be able to use?

Not sure why I had access to the Payflow details then? I have the “Partner” string ETC in S2 like I said.

#Confused.

It sounds like something changed at PayPal regarding Payflow. I’d suggest opening a GitHub issue and letting WebSharks know about this issue ASAP.

I don’t mind doing that but I thought commenting on the forum would be considered a support request? After all, it’s part of the functionality for what the plugin is being marketed as. I did my homework and tried to help with all the info I provided. Not just for my benefit. The issue is actually starting to make me feel somewhat unwell with stress.

Going to phone Paypal and today and see what they say in relation to Payflow credentials.

Commenting on the forum can be a support request, but if you are reporting bugs/issues with the software it is always best to use GitHub.

Hey Gary,

Thanks for the feedback. If you’re not seeing the right screens or anything about “Payflow” on your PayPal account, your PayPal account most likely is not using the newer Payflow API but the older PayPal Pro DPRP service. If you have an older PayPal account, you most likely have the older service, in which case you should ignore the Payflow section of s2Member.

I know it’s confusing and I feel your pain—you can only imagine how challenging it is for us to keep up with PayPal’s unorganized, constantly changing mess. :slight_smile:

I checked all of the links in the Supported PayPal Account Types article and none of them are broken or returning a 404 error—they all work fine for me. Which link specifically is returning a 404 error?

The problem with PayPal is that different accounts have different views and see the website differently, so it’s impossible for us to provide information that’s appropriate for everyone. For example, in the PayPal Account Details section of s2Member, it says to go to “Profile → API Access (or → Request API Credentials)”, but on my personal PayPal account (which I just checked), I have to go to “Profile → My Selling Tools → API Access → NVP/SOAP API integration → View API Signature”. It’s probably different on your account.

By the way, “/w” is an abbreviation for “with”.

In relation to Payflow, I will respond to your replies after I get the main thing sorted.

The reason I started adding Payflow details is because it wasn’t working without them. It was either the debit cards or Paypal, I can’t remember which but one of them wasn’t.

Also, I did get the details and it was using the detials for Payflow so it is weird I can not find them now.

I spoke to Paypal about reference transactions and they said they don’t usually enable them for people and they won’t for me.

They said the process was lengthy and meant for big companies who they trust with giving them access to debit the customer whenever they want and it isn’t needed for one of or recurring payments. Although, they said when they looked up your plugin on their system that it mentions that it may be needed with it. Just saying what they told me.

6 days with no reply?

I’ve never had to use reference accounts with s2Member. Otherwise, Raam has answered your questions.

Without seeing both your PayPal account and your s2Member configuration there isn’t much anyone can do to help you and I certainly am not advising you to share any of those details here.

This is the link that is 404. Was just me trying to be helpful.

So I should delete the Payflow info or find out from Paypal what kind of account I have first?

Hey Gary, apologies for the very late reply here.

When I click the link above, I don’t get a 404 error. Here’s what I get:

If you’re not sure what kind of PayPal account you have, then yes I recommend contacting PayPal to ask about that first.