Password problems

My members have problems remembering their passwords. If they use the “Forgot password?” routine they often get in a real mess, for a variety of reasons:
1 The email with the link finishes up in their junk mail
2 They click on “Forgot password” more than once
3 When they click on the link, there is a 16-character suggested password. People don’t realise that they can type over this - instead they try and note down or remember the suggested password. No sensible person would use a totally unmemorable password such as the one suggested.

I’m not sure whether this routine is within your control, or whether it is a WordPress default. Some things which would help

• remove the horrible 16-character suggested password - just leave the field blank so that people HAVE to think up one of their own
  • have a “show password” option that lets people make the password visible on both the login screen AND in the s2Member login widget. Often people haven’t actually forgotten their password, they’ve just had finger trouble typing it in.

ALL of this is just default WordPress behavior and nothing to do with s2Member, I’m afraid.

You either need to build a custom lost password form or else use a plugin that does it for you and then redirect your users from the default WP lost password page to the page with the new lost password form.

You can’t get this by adding something to your site. But it’s easy enough to achieve if your users install an appropriate browser extension.