Open Registration Problem - Support Appreciated

Good Afternoon All,

Thanks in advance for any support…it’s much appreciated this is an amazing piece of software. I am using S2Member free version and can’t seem to fix this tricky issue. I have looked at other posts but no luck…

Site: studentmotorsport.com
Wordpress Version: 4.7.2
Site Template: MSocial
BuddyPress Ver: 2.8.0

My website uses PayPal buttons set via S2 member at 4 levels of paid membership 1-4…I have set Open Registration to NO as I am not offering any free users.

Problem 1 Open Registration NO: After Payment via PayPal the user is directed to ‘Create an account’, after completion the message presented says ‘User registration is currently not allowed’. Here a user has been recorded by WordPress and user emailed activation link. Can the message presented be changed or user redirected to my welcome page?

Problem 2 Open Registration YES: After Payment via PayPal the user is directed to ‘Create an account’, after completion the message presented says ‘Check you email to activate your account’. I check my email and have been sent an an ‘activation email’, after selecting the message presented says: Invalid Activation key. In this instance if I set ‘Open Registration to Yes’ each paying member is allocated as a free subscriber in WordPress and I have to manually edit each user to the correct paid level.

Problem 3: Whether Open Registration is set to YES or No I check my email and have been sent an an ‘activation email’, after selecting the message presented says: Invalid Activation key.

Any help would be appreciated.

With regards

JP

Somebody else might have a better answer, but it sounds to me like something has changed regarding the registration process with WordPress. I’ve not seen or heard of this issue before. Unless someone else pops in with an answer here in a day or so, I’d recommend you contact WebSharks for support - either by opening a GitHub issue or a chat support request.

You’ve done a great job of describing the problem, so just tell them what you’ve said here.

1 Like

Good Afternoon @JediShark,

Many thanks for your positive comment and support. I would have added screenshots too if I could attach items…

Anyway I really want to get this sorted as it is affecting sign up’s…I fear it will require either a new build or a differing membership plug in which I want to avoid.

Other than going to WordPress have you any other suggestions…I really appreciate your time.

I did contact S2 Directly to see if they suggested I went paid/pro but they said it wouldn’t solve the issue.

Best wishes.

JP

Have you checked the s2Member logs (WP Dashboard → s2Member → Log Files (Debug) for any error messages?

This is a guess, only, but you might also want to double-check the WP Dashboard → s2Member → PayPal Options → PayPal PDT/Auto-Return Integration settings in your Dashboard.

Good Afternoon @JediShark,

Once again thank you for your reply.

I have log files but to be honest this is ‘beyond’ my knowledge and I do not know what I am looking for?

I have a few files which would I need to look at, and do you know what I would be looking for? I could upload the files if you could help further?

I have also double checked the PayPal PDT/Auto-Return Integration which doesn’t seem to be affected…but great suggestions.

With regards

JP

John Paul,

Please PM me and I’ll send you my email address so that you can send me the following logs in a zip archive:

• gateway-core-ipn
  • gateway-core-rtn
  • reg-handler
  • s2-http…

I’ll take a quick look and see if anything jumps out at me.