One-time donation button on site with S2Member

Hi, we’ve integrated S2member and subscriptions. We are a nonprofit, and would like to be able to be able to accept donations of any amount specified by someone on the site (logged in or not). Is there a way to implement “standard” paypal-generated buttons (ie. Donate Now), and if so do we utilize the S2Member IPN Proxy Key? What needs to get put into the “advanced variables” section of the (paypal.com) button generator when creating a new button? Any examples out there to look at?

Thanks for your help, I’m not exactly a power user, be kind :wink:

That’s not really a job for s2Member, which is about managing memberships.

Your best bet would be to use the Give plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/give/

Thanks for the reply! What I’m working with is trying to figure out how to work around only being able to use one IPN URL on our paypal so that we can use S2Member for memberships, but still be able to accept donations of any amount. I imagine I’d run into a similar problem with any other method/plugin, so I’m not really certain if your suggestion would be useful in this instance.

I always recommend that non-profits use a different payment processor for donations from the one they use for sales. This makes both accounting and maintaining legality much easier!

So I’d use the Pro version of s2Member with Stripe as the payment processor for memberships (or you could continue with PayPal, though I never would). Then I’d use Give with Braintree. The Braintree add-on costs a bit, but Braintree charges no processing fees to non-profits for the first $50,000 processed.