One account for multiple users & block password

Hi,
i need to create multiple accounts for clients and i need to create a generic account for each one because to many personnes in the same firm, with the same ip range need to access to the documentation that i propose.
and i wonder if it’s possible to block the password? and how
thank for advance
Fred

Hi Fred.

I’m not sure what you mean by blocking the password.

A single account could be used by more than one person, but you can’t specify the IP range.

You will need to make these two restrictions less tight: WP Admin > s2Member > Restriction Options > Unique IP, and Simultaneous Login.

:slight_smile:

Hi Clavaque,
thank-you for your prompt response.
I do not want to give them the opportunity to change the password because if one of them changes without warning others I would be disturbed all the time… :wink:

1 Like

Ah yes! I see what you mean. Yes, I agree.

That you will need to customize separately. Maybe there’s a plugin that already lets you do the password block.

:slight_smile:

Try this plugin. Allows each member to have his own password, while keep all (need) members in a group.

Ugh. IMO This is a nightmare scenario. I once worked for a company where lots of folks shared an admin password because the tech didn’t support proper security (this was like 10 years ago). It was totally rough when someone got fired or quit and the password changed and you had to share it with so many people at the start of their workday. Totally more disturbing than individual passwords.

1 Like