Notification API issue

I am having an issue with Notification API’s. I wasn’t getting anything, so I edited the php file it is supposed to push to only send me an email when it is accessed. If I manually go to the page I get an email, but I have put that URL in every notification section and never get an email. WHat could be keeping s2Member from triggering?

Hi AP,

Could you show me the code you’re using?

If you just want to send an email, you can do it from the notification, there’s an email field at the bottom.

Screenshot%202022-10-28%20at%2023-31-57%20s2Member%20API%20_%20Notifications%20%E2%80%B9%20s2Member%20Membership%20Plugin%20for%20WordPress%20%E2%80%94%20WordPress

:slight_smile:

This is pretty much it.

$user_id    = $_GET['user_id'];
$user_email = $_GET['user_email'];
$not_type   = $_GET['not_type'];

$to      = 'apage@somesite.com';
$subject = 'the subject';
$headers = 'From: hello@somesite.com'  . "\r\n" .
           'Reply-To: hello@somesite.com' . "\r\n" .
           'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();
$message = $not_type . '- ' . 'hello' . '-' . $user_id . '-' . $user_email;
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

“Registration” and “delete” notifications now work, but the mods do not. Maybe because I moved it to a custom end point.

This is pretty much it.

Thanks.

“Registration” and “delete” notifications now work, but the mods do not.

Good that you got a couple to work.

Maybe because I moved it to a custom end point.

The one that worked or that doesn’t?

If you add your email to the notification configuration, you should be getting an email when the notification fires. That at least will tell you if it’s firing.

I have added my email to all of them just to see what fires when I do what. The only ones that fire are Registration and Deletion. I am hoping to get the Modification one to work. Maybe I am misunderstanding when it is supposed to fire. Is it supposed to fire when I change membership levels?

Not when you edit a user’s profile to change the level. Modification notifications are sent when an existing user signs up or modifies billing terms successfully through your payment gateway with an s2 button/pro-form.

Got it. Thanks.