Not sending emails, cannot connect to SMPT host

My s2member cannot send email to members. Error “cannot connect to SMPT host”. The WP Mail log shows that the script is functioning properly, is sending the proper emails to the proper addresses but, no email is actually sent. Same error every time: it cannot connect to SMPT host. I tested my email address and it is working fine. The s2member script is working fine but, no SMPT connection. My host tech guys have been troubleshooting the problem and can make no suggestions.

I have checked and double checked all my s2member config settings and up until now, emails have been sent properly for 2 years. What changed? 3 things have. My version of php has been updated from 5.2 to 5.6.31 and my VPS was moved to a new server on the weekend. An SSL certificate was added to server. I suspect it has something to do with SSL as the error in my error log from my s2member installation says:
[10-Aug-2017 14:16:28 UTC] PHP Warning: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): Peer certificate CN=vps31359.inmotionhosting.com' did not match expected CN=localhost’ in /filepath/wp-includes/class-smtp.php on line 369]

Everything is working but no SMPT connection. Can anyone at s2member help?

If s2Member is trying to send the email, then it’s working as expected. So this is not an s2Member problem.

You should try using the Postman SMTP plugin to troubleshoot (and perhaps resolve) the issue: https://wordpress.org/plugins/postman-smtp/

Tim,
Great suggestion! Now I’m getting my email. Thanks so much for the help.

You’re welcome. Glad it’s working for you!