New User Registration - Automatic Page Creation

Hello! I’m new to s2Member and WP - so I will apologize for my naivety upfront. I also apologize if this has been asked and answered before - I was unable to find an answer solution to this question. I’d also like to state upfront that I have done development work before - so I certainly can appreciate the work/difficulties that make “the magic” happen. I know that what I’m going to be asking is a tall order, may not even be possible inside of s2Member and that manually doing these steps may be the only way to go - I just thought I’d check and see if anyone has experience this this scenario:

I’m looking to setup a site where someone can register and have their own protected page/area on my site; just as is discussed in this s2Member video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBltDUopo1U

My question is: can the steps for creating the users page and applying the custom capabilities be automated?

I’m looking to see if there is a way to skip the manual process of creating a page for a new user, applying a custom capability to their account and page.

I am looking for an automated registration process that will:

1. Create a WP page (based on a template) for a new user that will be used as their s2Member Login Welcome Page

2. Set the Page Level Restriction to #0 (or perhaps that could be part of the template?)

3. Add the username as a custom capability to the WP User Account

4. Add the username as a custom capability to the newly created page for the user

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi Zack. Welcome!

Yeah, what you ask is not something in s2 out of the box, but it’s possible with a customization.

You could use the signup/registration notification to trigger a hack that does those for you.

Here are a couple articles that will give you a head-start:

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Cristián! Sorry for the extremely long delay. I wanted to write and say thank you for the assistance. With your guidance I was able to execute what I was looking to accomplish. Thanks again!

2 Likes

@iaomai - Thanks for raising the question. Did you learn anything beyond @clavaque 's tips that you can share?

That’s wonderful! Thank you so much for coming back with an update. I’m very glad you got it working the way you wanted. :smiley:

If you feel like it, it’d help me a lot that you leave a review over at WordPress. https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/s2member/reviews/?filter=5 Thanks! :slight_smile: