New members stuck in a sign up loop - help

I have s2 member pro.

Have had a lot of little really annoying issues from the start but bearable.

First I set it up so members received their password via email using s2 members default email
Not only were emails not sent immediately, they went into the spam folder for everyone. I added a notices telling them to check their junk mail but that didn’t help, got a lot of complaints and 500 pissed off free members that felt they couldn’t get into the site.

Ok so then I changed the password process allowing them to choose their own password. Figured I need to do a membership drive to make up for the lost sales… bad idea, really bad idea. Now when someone signs up, at the end of the script they are supposed to be redirected to the members dashboard page. The script has the correct url in it. Not working, instead everyone gets put in a loop sending them back to the main signup page, not sending them to the members dashboard as it is instructed to do. So now another 500 members are pissed off and cannot access the site. WTF

All I can think is that their membership is not fully processed so the system thinks they are not logged and send them back to the options page which It would if they weren’t logged in? The weird part is sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t So before I blow this out and move on, does anyone have any suggestions?

Your assistance is much appreciated

Not only were emails not sent immediately, they went into the spam folder for everyone.

This will happen no matter which membership/ecommerce solution you use if you’re sending mail directly from your server. That’s why it’s vital to use Sendgrid/Mandrill/SES, etc.

Ok so then I changed the password process allowing them to choose their own password.

IMO, always a better idea.

Now when someone signs up, at the end of the script they are supposed to be redirected to the members dashboard page. The script has the correct url in it. Not working, instead everyone gets put in a loop sending them back to the main signup page, not sending them to the members dashboard as it is instructed to do.

That’s the expected behavior if you’re directing to a protected page before users actually log in.

Maybe you wanted to do this?

1 Like

Holy smokes, thank you so much. I have mandrill and will implement that right away

Thank you for the plugin, I will also implement that immediately.
I appreciate your quick response and support!

joe

1 Like