New Members Can't Login - Redirects to Subscribe Page

New members are unable to login. One member was manually created by the site owner. The other member used the membership form to sign up and was approved by the site owner. Neither can access restricted content, it just continuously redirects to the subscribe page and does not log them in: http://www.horsesmaine.com/subscribe/?_s2member_vars=post..level..0..post..7724..L3NlcHRlbWJlci0yMDE3LWlzc3Vl&_s2member_sig=1505333743-0378a25721e3dd1f141ef9b494ea8db1

I would upload a PDF attachment that one of the new members/users sent me, but evidently I’m not allowed.

Have you made sure that the “signup page” has been set as the Membership Options Page?

Thanks for getting back so quickly!

Yes, it has been set that way.

We have narrowed it down to the “Shield” plugin. Unfortunately this means running the site without security protection which is super disappointing. We will adjust the plugin settings and continue to try and make it work with the security features enabled.

You don’t need a “security” plugin. They typically cause more problems than they solve.

If other folks have this same issue: Disabling the “User Management” feature of the Shield plugin seemed to do the trick.