Need Help with Specific but Basic Setup

New here, and I heard this community was super helpful!

I have just a few basic things needed, and I thought one of you could point out the best ways to make it happen.

1. I need a front page login that once a user logs in, they have permissions to view entire site.
  2. I want to import user names and passwords, no registration on site. No levels. All Free.

Please help me.

Brian

1. If you protect all your content at level 0, then anyone who registers on your site using the regular WP registration page and who logs in using the regular WP login page will have access to your entire site.
  2. The Pro version of s2Member has an import feature that will accomplish this: see https://s2member.com/kb-article/importingupdating-users/
1 Like

Thanks Tim! Is there a master Level 0 button, or do I have to individually change settings on each page?

BB

It’s usually pretty easy for posts: just go to Restriction Options -> Post Access Restrictions and type all into the Level #0 or Higher box.

You can do the same with pages, but you probably won’t want to, because that would also protect the Membership Options Page. In that case, you’ll need to enter the page IDs individually in the equivalent box for Page Access Restrictions, separated by a comma. A plugin like Reveal IDs will make it easy to see what the ID of each page is.

Thanks for the tips Tim!