Need Help With Drip Feature On Specific Pages

Hello everyone, I’m currently setting up a course that has 7 chapters, some chapters are only available to certain levels. Chapters 1-4 are Level 2, Chapters 5-6 are Level 3, and Chapter 7 is Level 2. I’d like to make these chapters available every week starting at Chapter 1 and ending at Chapter 7, seven weeks later.

I know that I can use the drip shortcode but I’m not entirely sure how to use it on a whole page instead of specific content on the page. Can anyone help with this?

AFAIK you can’t use it on a whole page - just the content area.

Just create a member page for all chapters, set access level to 1 or higher, and then in the content area you just need to use shortcodes.

Drip codes: https://s2member.com/kb-article/s2drip-shortcode/

Here’s an example:
[s2Drip access=“level2” from_day=“1”]
Chapter 1
[/s2Drip]

[s2Drip access=“level2” from_day=“7”]
Chapter 2
[/s2Drip]

[s2Drip access=“level2” from_day=“14”]
Chapter 3
[/s2Drip]

[s2Drip access=“level2” from_day=“21”]
Chapter 4
[/s2Drip]

[s2Drip access=“level3” from_day=“28”]
Chapter 5
[/s2Drip]

etc…,

Hope that helps…

Hi Rob, does the text that is between the brackets affect how the shortcode performs? In your example you used “Chapter 1,” is that area for content or a description of what the shortcode is doing?

If it is for content, my pages aren’t text pages they are video so that content box is empty.

The reason I ask is because I just did a test run and bought access to my material but locked the first page of chapter 2 using the shortcode format but I was still able to click the link and access the page.

The text between the shortcodes is where your protected content goes, so if videos you’d have to put them there. If you’re serving videos using a shortcode or other method, then that code goes between the drip shortcodes.

I’m not sure what you mean - you’re using WP right? If so, then editing a page will always have a content area unless it’s some form of custom post type.

Suggestion - edit your test page and use Snagit or other program to grab a screenshot of what you have and then attach it to your response.

Once I see what you’re talking about I can respond accordingly. It also might require a fair amount of work, which I could handle for a fee.

The first screenshot is of the backend of my wordpress page. I’m using Apprentice Lessons for the content. As you can see, on the back end there is nothing in the visual edit box because the Apprentice Lessons has a section below that allows you to enter a link for the video that is being hosted on the page.

The second screenshot is of the front end of this page.

I believe this is a custom post from what I’ve researched. The only alternative I can think of is to create regular pages for each of my 44 lessons, post the link in the content are and wrap the link with the shortcode.

What are your rates for something like that?

Gerrell,

Why don’t you just use s2Member’s inbuilt means of storing, protecting, and retrieving files?

Then you can just put the relevant shortcode or hyperlink to the file where the text would normally go.

You can do this just as well with custom post types as with regular posts.

I figured out a different way to do it. I created a new page and built the links within the page and wrapped the links with the shortcode.

Isn’t that what I said?