Migration from one Wordpress instance to another on a different server with a different domain name

I will soon be undertaking a migration from one Wordpress instance to another on a different server with a different domain name.

Has anyone created a checklist for s2Member configuration settings and files (e.g. .php) to check after such a migration is completed? I’m specifically thinking about changing references to the old domain to the new domain. There may be other gotchas too.

Thank you,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I don’t think s2 will have a problem in the configuration with a change of domain name.

Where you may have a difficulty is with active subscriptions that were created under the old domain, but I know s2 saves the value in the user’s meta (ipn_post_vars), so it may be fine anyway.

Even if the notifications didn’t work as expected, the subscriptions would continue normally, so no risk there. You’d just have to update the user’s access manually in the future when he cancels.

If you are doing subscriptions, are you using PayPal or Stripe?

:slight_smile:

You need to keep the old domain running and forward the ipn calls with nginx or htaccess rules. That’s all .

1 Like