Migrating back to s2member

During the year that s2member seemed abandoned, i paid a developer to move my website to paid memberships pro. The whole process was a disaster and though the site is functioning now, PMP does not have some key features I need to move forward that s2member had. Now that s2member seems supported again, is there any way to move back to it easily?

1 Like

Hi Ryan!

I’m sorry you had a hard time there… I’ll try to make it easy for you again as best as I can. :pray:

Could you please tell me what your site is like? How were you using s2Member? Like, what you need it to do?

When you moved away, did you keep a backup of it?

I look forward to your reply with as much info as possible, including what seems to be giving you more trouble, so I can start suggesting things that solve or simplify it. :slight_smile:

we do have a github repository with the previous itterations of the theme, however the user roles were all changed and im not sure how i would change them back.

I see.

Well, s2Member only has the level roles, which are like the Subscriber role, plus the access_s2member_leveln capabilities. It would not be hard to build them back manually, if needed, but there’s a tool to reset them back to the defaults: WP Admin > s2Member > General Options > Membership Levels > Reset Roles/Capabilities

Of course, make a backup before a change like this, just in case.

Besides the roles, what else did you change that you feel is hard to change back? :slight_smile: