Membership renewal

Hello,
The IBF has 380 members. All members pay different annual fees, depending on theirmembership status (simple $50, pro $75 organization $100).
The renewal of membership does NOT happen automatically. IBF members always decide for themselves, whether or whether not they want to renew their IBF membership.
Hence, for a renewal, members must actively log in to s2member and pay through the s2member payment portal (mostly Paypal).

Here are my questions:

1. If a member started his membership, for example, on January, 1 2017, it will end on December, 31 2017.
    Now, if this member pays for his membership renewal already on October, 15 2017 - will the membership in s2member be extended only until to October, 14 2018, or until December, 31 2018?
    It should be December, 31 2018, but I am not sure, what s2member is calculating in such a case.
  2. If the membership is not extended to December, 31 2018, what can we do, to achieve this goal?

Thanks in advance for any reply.
Kind regards
Mario

Hi Mario.

Yes, s2 can extend it from the end of the current paid time when you’re selling Buy Now instead of Subscriptions, which is what you’re describing. See the setting here: WP Admin > s2Member > PayPal Options > Auto EOT Behavior > Fixed-Term Extensions (Auto-Extend)?

I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Hello Cristian,
thank you for this advice. Much appreciated! Will try and let you know.
Kind regards,
Mario

1 Like

Glad it helped. Let me know if you need anything again. :slight_smile:

Now there is a new plugin to handle pro-rates.