Membership options Log In Page issue

Hello, I’ve searched for a solution to this problem and can’t seem to find any real instructions on how to set up the membership options login page. Currently, I have my main domain that is connected to my subdomain that will serve as my membership site.

At the moment, if you visit my subdomain url (subdomain.primarydomain.com) you’ll need Level 1 access, therefore it will redirect visitors to the Membership Option Page but the page is blank and there is no way for the visitor to enter a username and password so they can login to the (subdomain.primarydomain.com) home page.

I tried to set my membership option page permalink as my (student.primarydomain.com/wp-admin) link but it isn’t working. It still leads to a blank page with no login options. Can someone help with this?

The first thing is that you have misunderstood the nature of the Membership Options Page (MOP). It is just that: there is no “Login” anywhere in the title. This page is where those without access get redirected, so it’s designed primarily to be where you would put registration options.

The login page is designed to be the default WP login page. (You can change that using other plugins, but not by using s2Member alone, because s2Member does not handle the login process.)

One thing you might like to do is to put a link to the login page from the MOP. You could use a simple link or you can do something more sophisticated, as explained here: https://s2member.com/kb-article/automatically-redirecting-to-a-protected-page-after-login/

Hi Tim, I went ahead and added a link to the page directing visitors to the wp-admin page to log in. Thanks for the help.

I have another question for you. I’m currently using S2Member pro with Stripe to process payments. Is it possible to redirect members to a Thank You page after completing their purchase?

@Rellevant, I don’t know the answer to your second question. You should post that as a separate question so that someone who does will see it.

What I do instead is auto-login successful registrants, as explained here: https://s2member.com/kb-article/auto-login-on-registration/

Hey Tim I figured it out. s2Member Pro has an option to redirect the page to a custom url after a purchase. It’s easier than I thought. Once a form is generated all I had to do was add success=“example.com” to the shortcode generated for the sales button.