Member wants to renew early

I’m using Stripe. We have a directory of about 800 people and 40 of them are members. I’ve imported them all in as subscribers and upgraded the 40 to L1 members. We renew yearly in january.

I then added a billing update form and have been slowly telling the 40 members to log in and add a billing method.

One of them asked for us to be able to go ahead and pay now and I’m stumped. How can I provide them a billing form that will charge them now? If they use a custom form like this will it only bill them again when EOT is up?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

You can provide a membership payment form with the agreed price and duration.
Regarding the result of this payment on an existing membership, it depends on the setting of the section:
s2Member -> Stripe Options ->Automatic EOT Behavior -> Fixed-Term Extensions.

Thanks.

Sorry I made a mistake, it does not work unfortunately with subscriptions …
For subscriptions, I believe that any new payment would cancel and overwrite the previous subscription.

Thanks

correct with subscriptions no early payment is possible. User has to cancel the subscription first - and then you send him to a s2 renewal form with fixed term which can then be added to his still existing time.
This is the same for paypal button or stripe. User has to be logged in before prolonging.