Member upgrade not pulling user data in and Stripe not allowing Card information

A user just told me they couldn’t upgrade to a paid membership without creating a new profile. I have done some research and can’t seem to find a fix that forces the current logged in user information into the boxes so they don’t create a new account. Any insight on this?

Also once I started looking into this my stripe isn’t working! Stripe shows the box for card info but you can’t access it.

Take a look here:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Your stripe card works fine on Windows10 using firefox browser.

There is no out-of-the-box mechanism to get more registration info for people who are already registered. You need to plan for that before offering an ecommerce service and make sure you ask for all the information you need at the time they register.

There are always solutions but they would require non-trivial manual steps or custom code.

Thanks Tim for the reply!

Sorry my explanation wasn’t as good as it should be and the link wouldn’t have shown the issue. The issue is only for current logged in members.

Also the information I would like to pull in the users have already given me. Name, email, username and password all have been created as they already have a free account.

Any registered users can be upgraded.

Yes that doesn’t work. That upgrade looks just like the normal sign up.

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form modify=“1” level=“1” ccaps="" desc="$29.99 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" cc=“USD” custom=“crehq.com” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“29.99” rp=“1” rt=“M” rr=“1” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code=“US” captcha=“0” /]

If I use that code it doesn’t pull the current profile information in and stripe doesn’t work.

My guess is that an existing user is registered but is missing an internal registration field.

Try exporting your user list then reimporting it with the existing users s2member field set to level0.

See https://s2member.com/kb-article/basic-usermember-importexport-guide/