Member Role not updated after successfully payment

Hello team,
I am using S2Member Pro Plugin in one fo our Wordpress web application. I am using the same plugin to update the user’s membership for one year. But somehow even after getting successful payment from paypal the selected user’s role is not getting updated. Can you please help me for the same issue?

Hi there, I also had the same problem today. Someone signed up and paid through paypal, but the username was created as a Subscriber instead of Level 1 S2member. Then another person signed up and paid, but they successfully were added to the proper Level 1 category. Any ideas why the one user would be added as a subscriber and not Level 1? Thanks!

Hi Kamal.

So this is an existing user, not a visitor, right?

Was he logged into his account when he loaded the page with the payment pro-form?

This is important so that the payment is tied to his account and doesn’t go towards a new signup.

Hi Jessica.

Were both new signups?

When the person returns from payment, s2Member sets a cookie in the user’s browser, and will look for that cookie when the user registers. If the cookie is missing for some reason, then s2Member won’t know it was a paid signup and give him the paid access. It’s possible the user paid in one browser and deleted the cookies, maybe a browser add-on did it, or maybe he signed up from a different browser later?

If they use the sign up link from the email s2Member sends after payment, then it’s not an issue, because the link includes the access info for the new account, no cookie is needed.

Does that help understand what may have happened in your case? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, both were new signups. I think your explanation is probably what happened. Thank you so much for the reply!

1 Like

Great! :slight_smile: