Member Registration Access Links Expiry Term

I use Member Registration Access Links to allow people to sign up for free when they buy a physical product from me. Quite frequently these links expire before people get round to using them (48 hrs I believe) and I have to resend them new links. Is there a quick and easy way to extend the expiry term of the links I create? I am not a developer so please keep it simple! Thanks

Hi James.

This article tells you how to change the expiration time for the links: https://s2member.com/kb-article/why-are-users-seeing-a-link-expired-error/

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you, Cristian.

I have created the mu-plugins directory and made a php file called ‘s2-hacks.php’ using notepad ( copying the php code you referred to) and saved it in the directory. Do I need to do anything to get this working with the links and should it work with links that have already been created and sent out? Also, is there any easy way of testing it other than creating a new link and waiting 2 days to see if it expires?

Thanks again for your help,

James

That’s a good question… I thought that the expiration time was applied at the time of creating the link, but looking at the code it may be that it’s checked when trying to use it. If the latter, then your custom time will apply to existing links.

To test you could try a link that already says expired, change your expiration to much longer, and try it again… Or if you have a link you just created, change the expiration to 1 second, and see if the existing link is affected.

I haven’t tried these myself, had not wondered about it before, just telling you, off the top of my head, what you can try.

:slight_smile: