Member-List show_fields

Using the Member-List show_fields shortcode

[s2Member-List show_fields=“Name:display_name,Registered:user_registered,Email:email” show_avatar=0 orderby=“display_name” order=“ASC” levels=“1” /]

lists results in a table. Is it possible to list the contents into vertical columns (like spreadsheet) for easier reading.

Hi Branko.

You may find this article helpful to customize your list:

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Christian,

I have read the article, followed the instructions (as short as they are) and no change in the display. Is there a longer version of instructions somewhere as I’m not sure what the expected result should look like. Obviously doing something wrong.
Now, I’m not a php programmer therefore I wouldn’t know where to start to modify the template to show vertical columns.

I have read the article, followed the instructions (as short as they are) and no change in the display

If you only copied the file, then the output will be the same. The idea is to then edit that copy of the template to customize it the way you want.

I’m not a php programmer therefore I wouldn’t know where to start to modify the template to show vertical columns.

I see. Then you’d need help from someone that can make an HTML template the way you want the list to be displayed, and understands enough PHP to enter the values, copying them from the default template.

Maybe you could ask @krumch for a quote, or find a developer in a freelancing site like upwork.com. It’s really a simple job, so it shouldn’t be expensive.

:slight_smile:

I’m trying to do the same thing - create custom list templates. I made copies of the default list php template, and moved them to the wp-content folder with new names.

Then I started trying to edit the php (I’m not a coder, either).

My first goal is to filter the list so that only those members with a custom field checkbox that is checked will show.

My second goal is to show a larger avatar picture with their name and title (another custom field) below the picture, then with columns where a concatenated address (in a standard address block) would show and a link to a “Contact Me” form (maybe created with wp-forms?) so that I wouldn’t have to display the email address.

The address block would take the fields for the company and address and display them like this:

company name
address
city, state, zip-code
phone number

I have the shortcode that would drive the custom form:

[s2Member-List template=“s2_board-list.php” orderby=“board_member_ordering” order=“ASC” show_fields=“board_member_title, company_name, street_address, city, state, zip_code, phone_number, fax_number, business_type” /]

It’s accessing the correct list template, so I know I’ve got that right, but I cannot figure out how to filter the list by my custom “board_member” checkbox field to show only the records that have that checkbox checked.

I tried to tingker with the php by adding a litte section below the avatar and display name section to show the “board_member_title” field, but it’s not doing anything:

<?php $board_member_title = get_user_field('board_member_title'); ?> <?php echo esc_html($_field_value = $board_member_title); ?>

It’s not doing anything - I can’t seem to figure out how to call specific fields in PHP. If I did, I’d be able to design a whole new layout. It’s just this one little thing I can’t get right and cannot find anywhere in the forum or help files that will guide me.

Hiring someone isn’t completely out of the question, but I’m already about 5 hours over what I was authorized to bill my client for, so any custom coding comes out of my pocket. I simply was not prepared for s2Member to require so much custom coding for simply displaying filtered lists in a custom view.

I also need to show a list of sponsors in order of sponsor level, showing the custom fields that apply to each level. I’ll need to design a custom form for that page, too. The shortcode is basically:

We appreciate our sponsors

Premier Corporate Sponsors:
[s2Member-List levels=“5” show_fields=“company_name, street_address, city, state, zip_code, phone_number, fax_number, business_type, business_description, logo_url, website_url” /]

(contact info, company profile, logo and website link)

Select Corporate Sponsors:
[s2Member-List levels=“4” show_fields=“company_name, street_address, city, state, zip_code, phone_number, fax_number, business_type, business_description, logo_url” /]

(contact info, company profile and logo)

First Class Corporate Sponsors:
[s2Member-List levels=“3” show_fields=“company_name, street_address, city, state, zip_code, phone_number, fax_number, business_type” /]

(contact info)

Non-Profit Sponsors:
[s2Member-List levels=“2” show_fields=“company_name, street_address, city, state, zip_code, phone_number, fax_number, business_type” /]

(contact info)

Any help the forum or support folks can provide will help me a lot!

Thank you,
Ernie