Many issues after WP update

Hi, it’s Alessio.

I don’t know if WP update is the problem, but update form does’t work. Signup confirmation email doesn’t work. (but to me arrives the new user email).

So, when a subscriber user pay for level 1, the payment goes well, but user doesn’t upgrade to level 1.

Here some log:

LOG ENTRY: Wed Apr 10th, 2019 @ precisely 8:13 pm UTC
PHP v7.0.26 :: WordPress v5.1.1 :: s2Member v170722 :: s2Member Pro v170722
Memory 41.92 MB :: Real Memory 2.00 MB :: Peak Memory 42.48 MB :: Real Peak Memory 2.00 MB
effettoviola.eu/?s2member_paypal_notify=1
User-Agent: PayPal IPN ( https://www.paypal.com/ipn )
Array
(
    [payment_cycle] => every 3 Days
    [txn_type] => recurring_payment_profile_created
    [last_name] => xxxxx
    [initial_payment_status] => Completed
    [next_payment_date] => 03:00:00 Apr 14, 2019 PDT
    [residence_country] => IT
    [initial_payment_amount] => 0.87
    [rp_invoice_id] => 1555229569:0 D:3 D~effettoviola.eu~1:wellness
    [currency_code] => EUR
    [time_created] => 13:13:04 Apr 10, 2019 PDT
    [verify_sign] => xxxx
    [period_type] => Regular
    [payer_status] => verified
    [tax] => 0.00
    [payer_email] => xxxx
    [first_name] => alessio
    [receiver_email] => xxxxx
    [payer_id] => GTUBQVV79ZAJU
    [product_type] => 1
    [initial_payment_txn_id] => 9H373860PT183751Y
    [shipping] => 0.00
    [amount_per_cycle] => 0.87
    [profile_status] => Active
    [charset] => windows-1252
    [notify_version] => 3.9
    [amount] => 0.87
    [outstanding_balance] => 0.00
    [recurring_payment_id] => I-GJT2F406TMX5
    [product_name] => Discount: 97% off. (Now: €0.87 every 3 days) ~ ORIGINAL...
    [ipn_track_id] => 62c1e168a12ec
    [s2member_log] => Array
        (
            [0] => IPN received on: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:13:27 pm UTC
            [1] => s2Member POST vars verified through a POST back to PayPal.
            [2] => Transaction type (`^recurring_?`), but there is no match to an existing account; so verification of `$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]` was not possible.
        )

[subscr_gateway] => paypal
    [custom] => 
)

why seems stopping at number 2? What happen?

Hi Alessio.

I don’t know why… It’s very odd. The log doesn’t even end properly, it’s almost as if an error happens there and stops. What do the entries from the other log files say about the transaction?

There could be a plugin conflict in your installation, it’d be worth looking into that. I’d try a clean installation of WP with just s2Member configured with PayPal and try to reproduce the behavior there. https://s2member.com/kb-article/common-troubleshooting-tips/

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

Hi, I sent to you days ago a pm, is arrived?

Best

1 Like

Got it! Just seeing it now. I’ll take a look at your site tomorrow and let you know what I find. :slight_smile:

Hi, have you seen it?

Best and thank you

Ciao. Thanks for your patience.

I found the time to go through your log entries.

I see that the problem seems to be only in entries for your tests, regular sales are fine. I suspect there is something wrong with the new shortcode you’re trying, so went looking for one of the pages you linked to, and looked in the editor. Sure enough, there’s a problem there. Here’s a screenshot, there are a couple of   in the code, probably added by your editor.

I would fix the shortcode and test again.

About demoted users paying and not getting upgraded back, I suspect it’s the login session. Are they logged into their account when they upgrade again? It’s best to have an upgrade form in a page protected at level 0, that way only logged in users can access it. This ensures that their existing account gets referenced and upgraded, instead of the payment going towards a new signup.

Please test those and let me know how it went. I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ciao Clavaque, and thank you.
I fixed it, but doesn’t work the user upgrade.

i did this:

-created a user and payed with stripe pro form. First error: NO email sent to customer (my test user is aletest). Yes email new user to me.
-into user i have set the eot = +1 min
-the user is correctly demoted after a bit.
-When user is normal subscriber is automatically linked to pro form page
-the pro form is JUST filled (so i’m sure that is logged), i payed for same level one.
Nothing happened. No new user created, no user upgraded.

I’m disperated. Can you help me?

Best!

also, “success” parameter doesn’t work

-created a user and payed with stripe pro form. First error: NO email sent to customer (my test user is aletest). Yes email new user to me.

Please do this: https://s2member.com/kb-article/troubleshooting-email-delivery-problems/

-into user i have set the eot = +1 min
-the user is correctly demoted after a bit.
-When user is normal subscriber is automatically linked to pro form page
-the pro form is JUST filled (so i’m sure that is logged)
i payed for same level one.
Nothing happened. No new user created, no user upgraded.
also, “success” parameter doesn’t work

Okay. I have to ask again that you do these, please: https://s2member.com/kb-article/common-troubleshooting-tips/

The server scanner may give a warning about MySQL, you can ignore that one.

You’re an getting a behavior that others aren’t, and you have lots of plugins and a custom theme. We need to have less variables to troubleshoot this more effectively. Please, try to reproduce the behavior in a clean installation of WP, with just s2Member Pro added, and configured with the gateway for your test. A 1 cent transaction should be enough.

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile: