Mailchimp sends opt in confirmation

I have set my mailchimp so that it doesn’t send opt in confirmations once someone registers but it appears that it keeps sending a confirmation email. I’m not sure if this is a mailchimp thing or a s2member thing.

I want people to sign up through my registration and NOT have to confirm. Just an automatic add to the mailchimp listing.

MailChimp sends it even you switch it down - their policy… The Pro version of this plugin can stop it completely, in some cases, but it is an overkill, if you not need other functions…

Thanks for your quick reply. I have the pro version. I’m just not charging people for membership yet. Would you have instructions on how the pro version can turn it off?

Many thanks

I point you to a “satellite” plugin, not s2M itself, it do better integration of s2M with MC.

I don’t understand what you mean? So I shouldn’t be using S2M?

No, he’s saying that the page he linked to, is for a 3rd party add-on for s2Member, for a more advanced integration with MailChimp. He developed and sells that add-on.

You’d still use s2Member, but he’s suggesting that add-on because he says it can bypass MailChimp’s policy of sending opt-in confirmations.