Mailchimp integration problem

Hi guys,

When users upgrade to different membership levels in Membership Pro, they are not being moved / removed from the Mailchimp lists.
I had this option set in S2member pro/API List Servers/Automate un-subscribe/opt outs:

“YES (automatically transition, if able to remove froma previous list)”

but it’s not working. Any ideas

I double checked all my settings and tried to register a new user and upgraded to different subscription levels. This feature is not working. Am I the only person with this problem?
*** Users DON’T get transferred to other lists in Mailchimp, when they upgrade to a different levels ***

It sounds like you need the KC S2M+MC plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/kc-s2mmc/

The developer, Krum, frequents this forum too, and he has a Pro version with more features.

Thanks Tim,
I will check this out. Another issue is that I wish they didn’t have to do the double opt in for mailchimp. They already do a double opt in when they join my website (they fill the form then set their password from their email), so mailchimp is actually making them opt in again!! Sucks!
I hope this plugin will do the trick of synchronizing the two.

I got this warning after activation. I may have to uninstall this plugin before it causes major damage:

“The plugin generated 865 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.”

No, that warning doesn’t mean that major damage might happen (more that the plugin might not function properly). And it’s usually very simple to solve: just let the developer know about it.

Hi Tim,
I’m not a developer and have no developer working on this. S2Member is not functioning, or it’s not doing what it says it does. Apparently this is a known issue, if someone has tried to create a plugin to fix it. How come the makers of S2Member don’t address this problem? if it can’t be done, they shouldn’t say that can be done. My website is almost done. All I need is for the autoresponder to work.
I know a little bit of PHP coding. Is there a way to make that plugin work without that warning?

Once again Here’s the issue: When members upgrade to a different level, they don’t get transferred to the proper “List” in Mailchimp.

David,

I don’t use Mailchimp (or, rather, I do, but I don’t link it to a website) so I can answer these questions only up to a point.

s2Member provides basic integration with Mailchimp, but not as much as many users apparently want. That’s where that other plugin comes in. It’s not fixing a bug; it’s adding extra functionality.

As I said, you need to report the issue with that plugin to the developer (either on the wordpress.org forum or on his own website). He’s usually quick to respond, so then you’ll know how to proceed.

Oh, and I think you misunderstood when I said “the developer.” I didn’t mean your (non-existent) developer. I meant the plugin’s developer.

@KTS915
Sorry about the misunderstanding. I sent the developer a message, I hope he responds quickly.
S2 Members supposedly has some controls that allows you to set how the Lists in Mailchimp are controlled. For example you can choose to remove a member from one list and add them to another, when they upgrade their membership (subscriptions) in S2Member. So apparently these controls are not working.

Hi @dc62,

I’ll bet your problem lies right here. You are telling s2Member to not add this user to a new list (List B) unless he has been removed from the old list (List A) first. I’m not a MailChimp expert, but something is probably preventing s2Member from removing the user from List A.

Try setting that (WordPress Dashboard →s2Member®(Pro) → API/List Servers → Automate Unsubscribe/Opt Outs → Automate Un-Subscribe/Opt-Out Removals (optional) to *Yes, always automatically transition…" just to see if the user is added to the new list upon level change. If we get that far we can try to figure out why s2Member is unable to delete the user from the first list.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

This thread hasnt been used in a while. But I had a similar problem. We want S2 members to be synched with different Mailchimp Groups. GRoups are different from Mailchimp lists and theyre really important for controlling subscribers and optins and using Mailchimp’s automation functionality.
I suggested this on another thread but I think the best way to fix this would be for S2 to be added to Zapier which already includes tons of built in “zaps” to integrate apps to Mailchimp. There’s thousands of apps being added to Zapier all the time and it would add huge integration functionality to S2. https://zapier.com/zapbook/updates/

There is an open GitHub issue requesting s2Member integration with Zapier: https://github.com/websharks/s2member/issues/771. If you truly want this feature, “vote” there by commenting on the issue.