Mailchimp integration for manually added users

Hi, just started using S2 (free) and I’m trying to integrate with a MailChimp list. I have the API list and the list ID entered; what I’m wondering is whether a member would have to sign up through an S2 registration form on the website to be added to the MailChimp list, or if I can add members manually as users with the appropriate level and have S2 automatically add them to the MailChimp list?

Thanks…

Is there anything on the Add New User page that says anything about MailChimp or mailing lists (there is on the Edit User page when you have set up a mailing list provider with s2Member)? If so, then give it a try. If not, then no, not without custom code.

You mean the “Process List Servers” checkbox? I tried checking that on a new user, and also tried “Re-process List Servers” on an existing member, but in both cases I didn’t get an email confirmation, and neither name was added to the linked MailChimp list. Any thoughts on why that would be?

Thanks!

This plugin can synchronize old members.

If the checkbox (either of those mentioned) is present then it should kick off the listserver process in s2Member. Couple of things:

1. Is email, in general, being processed by WordPress and received? I’m pretty sure it is, but assume nothing in troubleshooting.
  1. If you don’t have WordPress debugging turned on, turn it on, run some tests on the process and check for errors.

2. If there are no error messages, follow the instructions in this KBA to test in a clean installation. You don’t have to work in your production site if you can clone the site – I’d suggest doing so.