Mail Poet interface

I am using S2memeber to control access to a small association membership site. Although it is a bit complicated to set up, S2memebr is doing the job fine. Users are registered by the web master only, there is no double-opt in by users to confirm their agreement to receive emails.
I tried to use Mailpoet for new blogs notification. No matter how I set things up it sending mails does not work, while it is working for news letters. Mailpoet support says it is a problem with S2members not allowing some access. Questions:
• Is the compatibility issue documented?
• What is it that S2memebers is blocking?
• Is there some setup to be done in S2memeber to make it work.
• Is it a question of double registration?

Any explanation is welcome
Regards
Didier

Hi Didier.

s2Member would not block MailPoet… Did you integrate them together, or they just work with the same site but you didn’t do something to make them work together? I’m trying to understand why you suspect s2Member is preventing MailPoet from doing its thing.

:slight_smile:

Hi Christian,
Thanks for looking at the question.

1. When I disconnect S2member, Maipoet is doing the work.
  2. Nothing was done to integrate the two, only they share the same users list
  3. From my various tests I see
    • I have the notification mail preview OK
    • I can send mail to users via the Newsletter part
    • But the query to get posts excerpt does not work
    Conclusion : it is a matter of S2members privilege when the query is issued. When I make the preview I have the privilege, but when Maipoet makes the query it does work. Does it make sense?

Regards
Didier

I see. Thanks for the extra info.

If it has to do with queries, then you may want to play with the options in this setting: WP Admin > s2Member > Restriction Options > Alternative View Protection

Let me know how it goes. :slight_smile: