Lost your password not working

Hello,
I am working with S2 Member Pro on my test environment, and when clicking on Lost your password and after entering the email address or username to reset the password, I get the following error message.
email could not be sent.
Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function.

I also have other plugins on my site, all of which has email setup on them and email works fine for everything else, except for S2 Member. I think this is a serious issue as we would like to go-live by end of next week, and if users cannot reset their password, that is a big show stopper for this application. Any guidance appreciated.

Please note: I reached out to my host already and they said the mail function is enabled for all their clients, so I am thinking it has something to do with S2 Member, since emails for other plugins work just fine.

Actually, s2Member doesn’t control the lost password page. It just uses WordPress’s built-in function.

The same is true of the login and free registration pages.

Thanks for your response. Can you say then what I should check to get this resolved?

My money is on a problem with your host, whatever they say.

I suggest you install the Postman SMTP plugin to help diagnose and maybe fix the problem.