Login redirection not working on WPengine

Hi,

I’ve read everything I’ve found and talked to the WPengine support but also they were unable to help me.

The problem is that I have set a login welcome page and everything was working in their staging environment (without cache).

When I deployed it to the live environment (with cache), the users can sign in without problems but after the log in they are stuck in the login page, instead of being redirected to the welcome page. Even by removing from the cache all the URLs and everything that could affect this process, nothing works.

Has anyone had a similar experience in the WPengine hosting? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

So maybe problem is in the cache software? With s2M you should use “Comet cache”.

I agree with Krum. In particular, object caching and Varnish are known not to be compatible with s2Member.

Thanks for replying. Actually the cache software is managed by WPengine so I have not many options. They told me that they have excluded the URLs, but since in their staging environment it was working I think I don’t have any other option than stress them again.

It looks like they use object caching by default, but they do provide a way for you to disable it, which you must do. See https://wpengine.com/support/cache/

I’ve already disabled it, but unsuccessfully.

OK, you won’t like this response, but here it is anyway. You have just encountered the #1 reason I won’t use WP Engine. They flout the first rule I apply to all hosts. If a host doesn’t trust me enough to choose my own hosting setup, then I don’t trust them. So I’d leave.

I completely agree with you. I’ve never used WP Engine, but I’m working on a websites for a client of mine, so he has to make a decision.

Thank you very much for the time you spent on this.