Login page error / login_headertitle is deprecated since 5.2

Notice: login_headertitle is deprecated since version 5.2.0! Use login_headertext instead. Usage of the title attribute on the login logo is not recommended for accessibility reasons. Use the link text instead. in /home/…/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4711

Login works fine still but seeing this error which I believe is being generated from S2.

1 Like

Isn’t the error pointing to the main WordPress functions.php file, rather than to s2Member?

Hi Azunga.

I looked into this. It’s not an error, but a warning you get in WP 5.2 with WP_DEBUG enabled.

I will address it in the coming release, but before then you can edit the file s2member/src/includes/hooks.inc.php, and in line 128 replace login_headertitle with login_headertext.

:slight_smile:

I changed that code in the hooks.inc.php file but now I get this error instead.

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class ‘c_ws_plugin__s2member_login_customizations’ does not have a method ‘login_header_text’ in /home/canadiangourd/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286

And I’m not at all sure what to do with that.

I have WP_DEBUG set to FALSE and still seeing this warning. Looking forward to the new release that fixes this.

1 Like