Login issues - some members can't log in

Hi,

I’ve been using s2Member PRO for several years now on several websites. I love it!
But one of the websites keeps getting problems with member logins. Some (not all) members can’t seem to log into the website after their initial signup. They keep getting the error that login credentials are incorrect even though I know that they are using correct login details.

1. There is no caching plugin active on the website
  2. Website runs on GreenGeeks hosting
  3. The website uses https:// in all of its URLs
  4. The user that cannot log in does not show up as having IP restrictions in the user admin area.

How can I at least track what is causing this problem? And any ideas on how to fix the issue would be great.

Thanks

Is caching running at the server level (e.g Varnish or Cachewall)?

No, no caching plugins on the server level

1. s2Member doesn’t control logins. WordPress does. So, unless it’s plain user error, this is a WP issue.
  2. This means any logging plugin will record what is happening, e.g. Activity Log or Simple History.

I just installed Simple History.

I know that a user has tried to log in after the plugin has been installed but there is no log of it in the system. Is it possible?

I tried logging in with the incorrect credentials and that error was present in the log.

Am I missing anything else here?

Simple History will record all failed login attempts via your login page. So if someone tells you that they couldn’t login, but you don’t see that in the logs, that user is either being untruthful or else has made some more fundamental error (like not pressing the login button).

I have seen plenty of examples of both.