New to S2member, and the forum. Have searched but can't find anything exactly like this issue. This is a site that has been set up for a long time which I am now supporting.
These are the steps that re-create the problem:
- User (not logged in) arrives on the site home page
- User (not logged in) clicks to access a restricted page
- User (not logged in) re-directed to sign-up / login page
- User logs in
- User clicks to access the same restricted page as above
- User is re-directed to sign-up / login page
It looks like the page URL with all the s2member parameters in step 2 is being cached by the browser and then replayed in step 5 regardless of the fact that the user has now logged in. The URL has the following parameters:
If you clear the browser cache after step 4 everything works fine. And if the user doesn't try accessing the restricted page before logging in, everything works as expected.
Probably not an s2member issue specifically, but as it is controlling the re-directs I wondered if there is anything I can do to prevent the above from happening.
This is s2member pro and bang up-to-date.