Link to select form option, without using "Option 1,...2,...etc" in the link

By following the example that I have found somewhere on this forum or possibly elsewhere, I have successfully created a link from one page to pre-select an option from a dropdown list in my form that resides on another page. The problem is that I have to prepend each of my form selections with “Option 1, 2,3, etc”, so I have to have my selections listed as:
“Option 1 - Gold Program”
“Option 2 - Bronze Program”
“Option 3 - Silver Program”
This is a bit cumbersome and unappealing, which leaves my links looking like “http://mysite.com/registration-page/?s2p-option=2”, for the Bronze program, in this case. I have tried numerous ways to have the selections resolve without the “Option x” prepend in the dropdown menu, with no success. I need just the program’s name in the dropdown menu.

Please let me know how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance.

Hi Courtney,

The description doesn’t need to include or start with “option n” for the preselection to work. I just tested it again. I tried with this example:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" accept_coupons="1"]
  [s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" desc="The first one ($10.00)" ra="10.00" /]
  [s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="2" desc="Now the 2nd one ($20.00)" ra="20.00" /]
  [s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="3" desc="And third one ($30.00)" ra="30.00" /]
[/s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]

Try that on your site. :slight_smile:

Could you show me your shortcodes for the checkout options?

Hi Cristian,
thanks so much for your help with this project. I think that I am now getting to understand setting up S2 much better now, with your help.

I used the example that you provided, but couldn’t figure out the correct link to use to select the option that I wanted. I tried to select the ‘Now the 2nd one’ option and have used variations of these, without success:

• …/sample-page/?s2p-level=now%the%2nd
  • …/sample-page/?s2p-level=2

I’m not sure how to write the link correctly. If you could tell me how to do that, I should get everything to work.

By the way, here are my shortcodes:

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form]
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="localhost" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="Gold Membership - $29.95/year" cc="USD" custom="localhost" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="29.95" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="0" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="All Access Platinum Membership - $49.95/year" cc="USD" custom="localhost" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="49.95" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="0" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]
[/s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form]

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Try /sample-page/?s2p-option=3 instead. See: WP Admin > s2Member Pro > Stripe Pro-Forms > Wrapping Multiple Shortcodes as Checkout Options > Linking

:slight_smile:

It worked perfectly! Maybe I misunderstood the example in S2, because that is what I was using as a guide.

Thanks again!

1 Like

:smile: